Charles L. Hooper
President and Cofounder, Objective Insights, Inc., (1994 through present)
- Objective Insights is a consulting firm dedicated to providing life science companies with the marketing and financial analysis they need to make informed decisions about their business opportunities.
- Successfully completed more than 400 projects for 70 clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostic, vaccine, and device fields.
- Areas of expertise include: sales forecasting, forecast model building, time series analysis, market research, decision analysis, statistical data analysis, product pricing, public policy analysis, and portfolio analysis and optimization.
Co-Founder, Radio Silence, mobile device software company (2010 through present)
- Two iOS applications released with a combined 20,000 downloads.
Board Member, Peardale Chicago Park Fire Protection District (2017 through present)
Visiting Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University (2004 through 2014)
Senior Market Research Analyst, Syntex Labs (1992 through 1994)
- Responsible for product pricing, sales forecasting, decision analysis, business development deal analysis, and probabilistic simulation.
Marketing Analyst, Merck and Co., (1989 through 1992)
- Responsible for product pricing, sales forecasting, decision analysis, probabilistic simulation, financial analysis, and systems management.
President and Cofounder, Highway 9 Design, (1983 through 1989)
- Holds a U.S. Patent on an automotive accessory product.
- Performed all functions required by a small start-up automotive product company.
Scientific Applications Programmer, NASA/Ames Research Center (1982 through 1989)
- Chief programmer for ten Ph.D. researchers conducting small-scale fluid mechanics experiments.
- Provided data acquisition and analysis software and support.
M.S. in Engineering-Economics Systems (management science, decision analysis, public policy analysis, and economics) from Stanford University in 1989.
- Research project: Pricing and economic analysis of the California State Water Project.
CATO Institute, Seminar in political economy at Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH in 1988.
B.S. in Computer Science Engineering from Santa Clara University in 1983.
- Summer session in economics and liberal arts at University of Durham, Durham, England in 1981.
- Studied software, hardware, general engineering, and economics.
- Thesis topic: Economic comparison of different decentralized traffic light control algorithms (one original and two existing) using a computer simulation.
Numerous talks related to Making Great Decisions in Business and Life, including a Google Tech Talk.
Numerous pharmaceutical industry conference talks, including on product pricing, sales forecasting, and portfolio optimization.
Task Force Membership:
Syntex Labs’ Strategic Planning task force in 1994.
Merck’s Pricing 2000 task force in 1991.
Economics and decision analysis.
The FDA, health insurance, health economics, drug development, drug regulation, and drug pricing.
Climate modeling and economics.
President of Dalmatian Drive Corporation private road association (2001 through present).
President of Upper Dalmatian Drive private road association (2001 through present).
Charter Council chair (board of directors), Bitney College Preparatory High School, and member (2009 through 2014).
Regular judge at science fairs and high school science competitions.
Regular volunteer at Nevada County Habitat for Humanity and Bear Yuba Land Trust auctions.
Licensed indoor and outdoor soccer coach.
Married with two adult sons.